- Four speed setting are included in this mixer from 0-3 and pulse, convenient buttons are provided for easy speed changing.
- With this model you get more flexibility with four different jars- 3 stainless steel jars and one transparent plastic blender/juicer jar.
- Panasonic does a very good job of providing extra safety for leak-proof lids and two safety mechanism- only when the lid is tightly locked and the jar is properly fixed the motor will start. These safety features make the product simple and hassle free to use.
- Polycarbonate juicer jar is strong and foodsafe.
- This model features a 5 year warranty on the motor and 2 year warranty on the mixer body.
Buy from: Amazon
- It comes with 3 stainless steel jars with transparent lid.
- Stainless steel and poly-carbonate jars are durable and sturdy.
- It has four speed settings.
- Double locking system and circuit breaker make this mixer safe while using.
- The motor on this mixer is 550 watts.
- It comes with 2 year warranty with 5 year warranty on motor.
Buy from: Amazon
- Three jars come with this one- a chutney jar, wet grinding jar and a multi-purpose jar -all made of stainless steel.
- Reverse Quadra flow jars prevent the food material sticking to sides of jar.
Jar capacities are 0.3 liter, 1 liter and 1.5 liter.
Blades have lifting and grinding parts to ensure consistent grinding. Powerful motor makes grinding even smoother with this mixer.
Buy from: Amazon
- Three jars include- 0.3 liter chutney jar, 0.88 liter multi-purpose jar and 1.25 lire liquidizing jar.
- Jars are made of stainless steel body with easy grip handles for smooth handling.
- 1 year warranty
Like our other top choice mixies, this one has 3 speed setting with incher for momentary operation.
Three stainless steel jars, anti-slip footing, motor overload protector and easy grip handles make this mixer a top choice for budget conscious folks.
Buy from: Amazon
- This mixer from Philips comes with three stainless steel jars with flow breakers for better grinding.
- It has automatic shutoff for overload protection and Turbovent to effectively cool the powerful 600W motor.
- A 0.4 liter Chutney jar, 1 liter multi-purpose jar and 1.5 liter wet grinding jar are included in the package.
Five different types of blades come with this mixer- wet grinding blade, dry grinding blade, chutney grinding blade, blender blade, and a plastic whipper blade. Chutney grinding blade is fixed in the smallest jar and it is non-removable.
Ergonomic handles, SS jars, and elegant design makes this product a handy enhancement for your kitchen.
Buy from: Amazon
A good mixer-grinder is one of the most powerful tool in a kitchen. Whether you are preparing juices, making dosa, purring tomatoes, preparing paste, or grinding masalas- a mixer/grinder takes care of it.
We will take a look at some top quality mixers and choose one for your kitchen. But before jumping into that, let’s see what makes a good mixer/grinder?
How to choose the best mixer grinder for your home
These are some of the things that differentiate the best mixer-grinder from an average one-
Sturdy build: a mixer grinder works with a high rpm motor, there are a lot of vibration and it puts a lot of strain on the parts. This will also lead to wear and tear over time in your appliance. This is why getting a high quality mixer with good build quality is necessary. It might cost more but it will provide more value over time.
Good design: Not all mixers are created equal. Features like anti-slip footing, automatic shutoff for overload protection, smart blade design, are part of a top mixer grinder product.
Number of jars: some mixer come with only two jars, some with three jars and some with even four or five. If you like more flexibility, go with four, but three jars is the standard number and it gets the job done.
One of the best mixers, Panasonic MX-AC555 comes with five jars. In four jar mixers, Panasonic MX-AC400 is a very good choice.
If you are looking for a 3-jar mixer, Philips 1643, Philips 1646 and Crompton Greaves VX600 are all top quality mixers in India.
Powerful motor: Bigger motor means more power, and blades will cut more easily through the food material. Getting a motor of 500W or more will make sure that you can prep a variety of food easily.
Noise: All mixers are loud. They have a powerful motor operating at a very high rpm and they will make a lot of noise. However a good mixer-grinder with good build quality and sturdy components will make a little bit less noise.
Warranty and service: This part gets special attention from us. There are a lot of brands that sell all types of mixer grinders and other related products. But not all of them provide quality product and equally important good service.
Mixer-grinders are prone to wear and tear and good post purchase service is essential.
Take good care of your mixer:
Taking good care of your appliance is equally important. Looking out for few common mistakes people make while using their kitchen mixers is useful for avoiding downtime on your device.
Avoiding overloading, using proper blades/jars, and using other best practices while operating will make sure that your appliance provides long service.
Tips for buying and maintaining the best mixer
- Brands like Panasonic, Philips, Bajaj make some of the best quality mixers in India. Look for what features you need and filter and compare models from these brands.
- Using good safety measures and following best practices will keep you safe and make your experience more enjoyable and it will also increase the lifespan of your mixer.
- Always place your mixer-grinder on a dry and flat surface, don’t put it on a wet surface.
- Unplug the appliance before reaching into and opening the jar.
- Don’t run the mixer for a long time in one go. Let it cool after use and use it in small intervals. Another thing that many people forget is using correct jar and blades for different applications. Same blade and jar will not work for every kitchen job. Also, avoid filling the jars to the top, most of the times jars should be filled up to half of the maximum level or less.
- Secure the lid on the jar properly and make sure that the jar is placed properly on the mixer before starting the mixer.
- If the mixer is making more noise than usual, check the lid and the jar to see if they are properly closed. Also check if the blades are fixed properly. Using the product after reading instructions from the manual and using proper care will boost the life of your mixer.
If you find this article helpful or have a query, please leave a comment below.